Jonathan R. Stieber, MD
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon + Scoliosis Surgery
Dr. Jonathan Stieber is an orthopedic spine surgeon providing consultation and treatment in Manhattan. Dr. Stieber is board-certified and fellowship-trained. He specializes in providing care for patients with both common and complex spinal deformities and disorders.
Educated at Duke University and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Dr. Stieber completed an orthopedic surgery residency at Monmouth Medical Center. He followed his residency with a specialized fellowship training in spine surgery at New York University Medical Center and at the Hospital for Joint Disease.
Dr. Jonathan Stieber currently serves as the Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai as well as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. He has published numerous peer-reviewed papers and presented his research on the international stage.
Dr. Stieber is skilled in the most current techniques and emerging surgical technologies. He is specifically interested in minimally invasive solutions for the treatment of spinal disorders and motion preservation surgery.
For more information about Dr. Stieber visit www.stiebermd.com
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, Fellowship, Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Monmouth Medical Center, Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, M.D.
- Duke University, B.A.
New York University School of Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- AO Spine
- Chin, KR; Stieber, JR; Mehta, S; Cohen, JD; Auerbach, JD. “The Manubrium as an External Guide for Centralizing Anterior Cervical Plates: Technique Tips and Initial Experience”. Spine. 2010; 35: E244 (#J0185058)
- Stieber, JR; Quirno, M; Cunningham, M; Errico, TJ.; Bendo, JA.. “The Reliability of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Grading of Lumbar Facet Arthropathy in Total Disc Replacement Patients”. Spine. 2009; 34: E833 (#J0181657)
- Stieber JR; Schweitzer ME; Errico TJ. “The Imaging of Spinal Infections”. Seminars in Spine Surgery. 2007; 19: 106 (#J0127378)
- Stieber, JR; Brown, K; Donald, GD 3rd; Cohen, JD. “Anterior cervical decompression and fusion with plate fixation as an outpatient procedure”. Spine journal. 2005; 5: 503 (#J0185047)
To learn more about Dr. Stieber, please click here to download his CV.
Request an Appointment
COVID-19 Update from OrthoManhattan:
Your staff and doctors at OrthoManhattan are with you here in the heart of Manhattan, the U.S. epicenter of the global coronavirus pandemic. We continue to work and care for you, our patients. Given the current and worsening overload of our fine NY hospitals, we are available to triage and care for your acute orthopedic needs, be they tendon ruptures, skin lacerations, joint sprains and dislocations and broken bones. In an effort to offload our urgent and emergency care facilities, we are happy to take your calls and arrange for either a telemedicine consultation or an in-person visit and treatment at our office at 485 Madison Avenue (at 52nd street.) Stay safe and know that we are here to help keep you as healthy and well as possible.