Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement New York City
Total Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of the knee respectively.
Over the last several years knee replacement surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring – two incisions of 1½ to 2 inches each, rather
than one 10- to 12-inch incision
- Shorter hospital stay – 1-2 days (vs. 3-5 days); some patients go home in less
than 24 hours
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Incisions
Request an Appointment
COVID-19 Update from OrthoManhattan:
Your staff and doctors at OrthoManhattan are with you here in the heart of Manhattan, the U.S. epicenter of the global coronavirus pandemic. We continue to work and care for you, our patients. Given the current and worsening overload of our fine NY hospitals, we are available to triage and care for your acute orthopedic needs, be they tendon ruptures, skin lacerations, joint sprains and dislocations and broken bones. In an effort to offload our urgent and emergency care facilities, we are happy to take your calls and arrange for either a telemedicine consultation or an in-person visit and treatment at our office at 485 Madison Avenue (at 52nd street.) Stay safe and know that we are here to help keep you as healthy and well as possible.